Public sector organisations represented by the Procurement Agency for Essex spend a significant amount of public funds. As well as obtaining value for money in terms of quality and price there is a real opportunity to have a positive impact on the economy and the environment through the way in which we spend that money. A Sustainable Procurement Group has been established within the PAE to provide procurement practitioners access to resources and best practice guidance.
The definition of Sustainable Procurement is
"the process whereby organisations meet their needs for goods, services, works and utilities in a way that achieves value for money on a whole-life basis in terms of generating benefits not only to the organisation, but also to society and the economy, whilst minimising damage to the environment." (Sustainable Procurement Task Force).
- Buying a Better World
- PAE Sustainability Questionaire
- Sustainable Procurement Action Plan
- GCH Environmental Annex B-1
- Sustainable Procurement Strategy
- Sustainable Procurement Policy
- Sustainable Procurement Training Session: 1
- Sustainable Procurement National Action Plan: Presentation