Buyer and Supplier Guide to PAE Procurement
Benefits to Buyers
The PAE, established in April 2004, represents 21 organisations within Essex and Suffolk. It provides training and procurement related commercial support for its members and acts as a best-practice resource, encouraging the use of collaborative projects. As a member, you will have access to a pool of suppliers that are also engaging with your Portal.
Benefits to Suppliers
The PAE represents 21 organisations using three different Portals making it easier to locate opportunities
As a member of the PAE supplier community, you can:
- Gain access to public sector contracts that could help your business grow.
- Gain fast and easy access via the internet to the entire Essex procurement community
- Receive relevant contract opportunities delivered directly to your inbox.
- Access an effective, fast and free way to target the public sector market.
- Access an open market where any type of business, no matter what size or type, can participate.
Benefits of Select Certify & Accredit for Buyers-BiP Portal
PAE Buyers will be able to find suitable suppliers by using Select which is the national pre-qualification service for suppliers to the public sector.
By registering with Select you gain access to a diverse database of approved Select and Constructionline registered suppliers. Through this partnership, BiP Select and Constructionline are able to bring additional benefits to each others’ buyers and suppliers.
The Select pre-qualification service is fully compliant with EC Treaty principles, EC Public Procurement Directives and UK Regulations.
- Select is a national supplier pre-qualification service, which is open to all suppliers across all business sectors. On registering with Select, you can choose to submit your company information to Select Certify, or apply for full accreditation with Select Accredit.
- SELECT CERTIFY
- To register for Select Certify, simply complete an online self-certification questionnaire and publish your profile. You may then seek pre-qualification for each tender that you wish to submit an expression of interest for. Select Certify suppliers are assessed by the authority issuing the tender, and this process is repeated for each individual tender. The Select Certify service is completely free of charge.
- SELECT ACCREDIT
- To apply for Select Accredit, you are fully assessed once, and, if successful, recognised as being accredited for all related contracts. With Select Accredit, you can highlight to both public sector bodies and your private sector clients that your organisation meets a set standard. Select Accredit saves you time and reduces your administration costs by requiring only a single, annual assessment.