GB-Colchester: Restoration of the pneumatic action organ in the Moot Hall, Colchester Town Hall
Competitive Contract Award Notice
Associated Parent Notice
CompetitiveContractNotice - GB-Colchester: Restoration of the pneumatic action organ in the Moot Hall, Colchester Town Hall
1. Title: GB-Colchester: Restoration of the pneumatic action organ in the Moot Hall, Colchester Town Hall
2. Awarding Authority:
Colchester Borough Council
Rowan House, 33 Sheepen Road, Essex, CO3 3WG, United Kingdom
Tel. 01206 508812, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, URL: www.colchester.gov.uk
Attn: Angela Compton
3. Contract Type: Works
4. Description: Musical organs. Overhaul and refurbishment work. Restoration work. Repair and maintenance services of musical instruments. Expressions of interest are requested from suitably qualified and experienced organ builders for the restoration of the 1902 Norman & Beard organ in the Moot Hall in Colchester Town Hall.
The restoration work is to be paid for by the Heritage Lottery Fund and the grant award has already been made.
This project compromises a mix of refurbishment and new-build works comprising, but not restricted to, the following:
• Thorough clean and overhaul
• Full restoration of the soundboards
• Refurbishment of the pneumatic key-actions and piston action
• Cleaning, repairing and tonal restoration of all the pipework
• Removal of some 1970s tonal additions and replacement with registers appropriate to the Edwardian tonal scheme
• Releathering all wind reservoirs and refurbishment of all associated wind system components
• Refurbishment of the organ’s casework
• Fine tonal regulation
Tenders are expected to be received by November 2013. Estimated contract to be executed during 2014.
Prospective tenderers should be able to demonstrate experience and accreditation in historic restoration and conservation work.
5. CPV Codes:
37311300 - Musical organs.
45453000 - Overhaul and refurbishment work.
45454100 - Restoration work.
50860000 - Repair and maintenance services of musical instruments.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKH3 - Essex
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Essex,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: CRS-LS-0008
9. Awarded to:
Harrison & Harrison Ltd
St Johns Road, Durham, DH7 8YH, United Kingdom
Contact: Duncan Mathews
Value Cost: 322,500
Is Awardee likely to subcontract?: No Awarded to SME?: Yes
10. Date of Contract Award: 18/03/2014
11. Number of Tenders Received: 3
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement, and the contract will be awarded on the basis of the most economically advantageous tender.
The closing date for expressions of interest will be 17.00 hrs on Monday 30th September 2013. Pre-Qualification Questionnaires will be sent out on Friday 4th October 2013, to be returned by 12.00 noon on Friday 1st November 2013.
To view this notice, please click here: