GB-Southend: Integrated Sexual Health Service Tender
Competitive Contract Award Notice
Associated Parent Notice
CompetitiveContractNotice - GB-Southend: Integrated Sexual Health Service Tender
1. Title: GB-Southend: Integrated Sexual Health Service Tender
2. Awarding Authority:
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, SS2 6ER, United Kingdom
Tel. 01702 534026, Fax. 01702 215110, Email: email@example.com
Contact: Corporate Procurement, Attn: Emma Woof
3. Contract Type: Services
Sub Type: Health and social services.
4. Description: Health and social work services. Health services. Miscellaneous health services. THIS IS AN AWARD NOTICE. Southend-on-Sea Borough Council is inviting expressions of interest from a single (or single consortium) Provider for an Integrated Sexual Health (ISH) Service with open access provision. Improving sexual health is a key national public health priority. The Public Health White Paper ‘Healthy Lives, Healthy People: Our Strategy for Public Health in England’ highlights a commitment to work towards an integrated model of service delivery to allow easy access to confidential, non-judgemental sexual health services. The ISH Service will provide open access, cost-effective, high quality, confidential provision for contraception, pregnancy and reproductive health services; and, prevention, testing, diagnosis, treatment and management of sexually transmitted infections services according to evidence-based protocols and to the needs of local populations.The Provider will deliver and develop the ISH service to meet the sexual health needs of the population of Southend-on-Sea. This Specification covers the following services in Southend-on-Sea:i.Contraceptive, Sexual Health and Reproductive Health Serviceii.Genito-Urinary-Medicine (GUM)iii.Chlamydia Data Administration service iv.Online and postal chlamydia testing servicesv.Management / delivery of chlamydia testing and treatment, Intra-uterine Contraceptive Device and Systems(IUCD/IUS), Subdermal Implants and new patient registration HIV testing – in General Practicevi.Management / delivery of chlamydia testing and treatment services and Emergency Hormonal Contraception – in pharmacy and community settings.vii.Management of a separately commissioned ‘Sexual Health Promotion and Community HIV Prevention Service’ contractviii.Microbiology Services and all laboratory-testing costs in support of all elements of the ISH ServiceThe contract will commence on the 1st July 2015 and will run for five years, until 30th June 2020. There will be an option to extend for a further three years until 30th June 2023.Southend-on-Sea Borough Council welcomes submissions from all organisational types, including the Third Sector.It is estimated that the contract value will be in the region of £7million (for the five year term) and due to the extent of this contract, the Authority would welcome consortia bids.If you wish to tender for the above requirement, please contact the Procurement Team, to request the Tender Documentation. AddressCorporate Procurement, 5th Floor, Civic Centre, Southend-on-Sea Borough Council, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS2 6ER.E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org Phone01702 215000Closing date for document requests is Tuesday 16th December 2014. Completed tenders should be returned by 12 noon Tuesday 23rd December 2014.
5. CPV Codes:
85000000 - Health and social work services.
85100000 - Health services.
85140000 - Miscellaneous health services.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKH31 - Southend-on-Sea
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Southend-on-Sea,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority:
9. Awarded to:
South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (SEPT)
The Lodge, , The Chase, , Runwell, , Wickford, , SS11 7XX, United Kingdom
Tel. 01268 739780, Email: email@example.com
Attn: Rachel Webb
Value Cost: 7,365,000
Is Awardee likely to subcontract?: Yes Awarded to SME?: No
10. Date of Contract Award: 20/02/2015
11. Number of Tenders Received: 1
12. Other Information:
Other Information: To view this notice, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: No
Period of Work Start date: 01/07/2015
Period of Work End date: 30/06/2023
Award Criteria: Most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated in the tender documents