GB-Sea: Invitation to Tender for the Design and Building of a new Link Block at Thorpedene Primary School
Competitive Contract Notice
1. Title: GB-Sea: Invitation to Tender for the Design and Building of a new Link Block at Thorpedene Primary School
2. Awarding Authority:
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
Civic Centre, Southend-on-Sea, SS2 6ER, United Kingdom
Tel. 01702 215000, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Contract Type: Works
4. Description: Construction work for school buildings. Construction work for buildings relating to education and research. Southend on Sea Borough Council wish to appoint a contractor for the design and build of a new block between two existing school buildings
The project involves the following:-
• The design and build of a new 360 Msq single storey link block comprising two class rooms, staffroom, reception and admin, the head teachers office plus associated toilets.
• There will be a covered walk way between the new link block and the two existing school buildings
• Heating power and data will be taken from the existing plant room in the ‘Port Building’ via a trench. Apart from this there is no work within the existing buildings
• The building will mainly be naturally ventilated. Photo Voltaic Panels will be mounted on the roof to meet the planning requirement of 10% of power to be generated by using on site renewable energy
• The demolition of a temporary class room will be undertaken at the end of the project
Works are anticipated to commence on 18th May 2015 and complete on 20th September 2015, this period is inclusive of design and construction
The clients requirements (room data sheets, specification, drawings and pricing document) will be issued to all tendering contractors and the contract will be let under the JCT Design and Build Contract 2011.
The building is designed up to planning drawings and a planning application is currently being considered by Southend on Sea Planners. The planning application reference is 15/00363/BC3M and it may be viewed on the council’s web site
Please submit your request to tender no later than 10.00am on Monday 30th March 2015. The tenders will be sent out on Tuesday 31st March 2015 with a return date of Monday 11th May 2015.
The returned tenders will be considered against an evaluation ratio of 60% for price, 20% for quality and 20% for interview.
Please submit your request to tender to email@example.com.
5. CPV Codes:
45214200 - Construction work for school buildings.
45214000 - Construction work for buildings relating to education and research.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKH31 - Southend-on-Sea
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Southend-on-Sea,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority:
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category G: 500K to 1M
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 30/03/2015 10:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement, and the contract will be awarded on the basis of the most economically advantageous tender.
To view this notice, please click here: