GB-Colchester: Community Infrastructure Levy IT Solution
Competitive Contract Notice
1. Title: GB-Colchester: Community Infrastructure Levy IT Solution
2. Awarding Authority:
Colchester Borough Council
Rowan House, 33 Sheepen Road, Colchester, CO3 3WG, United Kingdom
Tel. 07812 994589, Email: email@example.com, URL: www.colchester.gov.uk
Attn: Matt Howe
3. Contract Type: Supplies
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: Software package and information systems. Industry specific software package. The project will deliver an effective and integrated management system for payments under the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) a tariff based development levy to fund infrastructure provision calculated on a charge per sq metre. The project will thus deliver a management system for the collection of funds for the provision of infrastructure in the Borough. The implementation of the CIL regime cannot be managed through the existing S.106 data base and new software is required to record the liability of applications (including exemptions) and permitted development for CIL contributions and to manage payments received and disbursements. The following functionality is required: (1) Able to integrate with E-Financials, Civica, IDOX, Northgate Searchnet and Northgate Front Office to make the work flow process as streamlined as possible between planning, finance, land charges, building control etc. (2) Manage the collection of CIL in accordance with regulations (preferably in tandem with S106), with the system being updated to account for any future changes in legislation. (3) Produce all notices, forms and letters required under CIL regs, including revisions (and a full range of letters and other correspondence required for S106 if applicable). (4) Provide a floor space and site area calculator tool for checking CIL liabilities. (5) Provide a full CIL calculator facility (inc. indexation, reliefs, surcharges, payment policies etc) , which can also be published on the Council website for public use. (6) Calculate, request, record and receipt all payments as appropriate (integrated with E-Financials). (7) Manage phased payments, and changes to phasing (i.e. cancellation / recalculation of payment schedule if an installment is missed). (8) Manage financial income and expenditure for CIL (and S106 if possible), showing potential, actual, allocated, spent etc sums at a strategic, local and neighbourhood level. (9) Able to have multiple users with differing levels of access (i.e. full admin, read only)Integrate with the corporate ED RMS solution (currently IDOX). (10) Include a facility for managing / recording the 123 list and amendmentsProvide reporting tools which allow information on all aspects of the CIL / S106 processes to be interrogated and reported upon including exemption lists. (11) Produce user alerts, reminders and triggers for key actions and events, including an ‘action list’ facility for upcoming / future tasksInclude full security, such as activity logs for individual users, secure log in, restricted access rights etcKeep a full tracked history of changes made to records – e.g. changes in liable parties, changes in amounts due, changes in payment schedule. (12) Keep a full record of information needed for formal processes i.e. CIL annual return, audit, enforcement actionIf hosted, be subject to stringent data security and back up procedures. In addition the following technical requirements are required: (1) Must work in a VDI (Virtual desktop infrastructure). (2) Must be accessed via a web browser (Internet Explorer 8) to comply with e-GIF. (3) Must integrate with the councils LLPG (address) database. (4) Any GIS integration must be with the councils solution (MapInfo). (5) If hosted the servers must have the appropriate Business Impact Level accreditation depending on the IL of the data being stored.
5. CPV Codes:
48000000 - Software package and information systems.
48100000 - Industry specific software package.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKH3 - Essex
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Essex,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: CMLS-DC-001
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category I: 50K to 100K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 13/11/2014 12:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
The Essex Procurement Hub
Braintree District Council, Causeway House, Braintree, CM7 9HB, United Kingdom
Tel. 07812 994589, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Matt Howe
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement, and the contract will be awarded on the basis of the most economically advantageous tender. Interested suppliers should express thier interest via email to email@example.com and must provide a brief overview of the software systems they can provide. Interested suppliers will then be invited to attend a demonstration day on Monday 17th November 2014. Suppliers that demonstrate that they can meet the requirements detailed in the above description, will then be invited to submit a tender. The new system needs to go live by 1st April 2015 with ongoing maintenance support and implementation will occur during February to March 2015.
To view this notice, please click here:
Period of Work Start date: 01/04/2015
Period of Work End date: 31/03/2020
Award Criteria: Most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated in the tender documents
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no