GB-Sea: Adult Weight Management Service Approved Providers List
Competitive Contract Award Notice
Associated Parent Notice
CompetitiveContractNotice - GB-Sea: Adult Weight Management Service Approved Providers List
1. Title: GB-Sea: Adult Weight Management Service Approved Providers List
2. Awarding Authority:
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, SS2 6ER, United Kingdom
Tel. 01702 215000, Email: email@example.com, URL: www.southend.gov.uk
Contact: Corporate Procurement, Attn: Emma Woof
3. Contract Type: Services
Sub Type: Health and social services.
4. Description: Community health services. Health and social work services. Health services. Southend-on-Sea Borough Council is inviting expressions of interest from experienced Weight Management providers for inclusion on the Council’s Approved Provider’s List for the provision of 12-week Adult Weight Management Programmes for people living in Southend aged 14 years or over with a body mass index (BMI) of 30 kg/m2 (or above) and who are motivated to lose weight. The purpose of the Adult Weight Management Programme is to reduce the prevalence of obesity in Southend and to improve the health of its resident adult population. Southend Borough Council will invite a maximum of 10 providers onto the Approved List. Acceptance onto this Approved List is no guarantee of work for any provider. The Approved List will be utilised by a Weight Management Gateway Service to identify the most appropriate 12-week Adult Weight Management Course, following referral via a GP or other Health professional. The Approved List will take the form of a matrix, recording the type of 12-week Adult Weight Management programme each Provider can offer, and the cost of the 12-week programme. The matrix will also include information about the location and times that each Provider can offer. Providers on the Approved List shall perform the Service to achieve the following objectives through evidence-based practice:•Encourage clients to attend review meetings and course sessions•Encourage clients to lose 5% to 10% of their body weight•Encourage clients to sustain their lost weight at 6 and 12 months•Encourage clients to achieve weight loss safely•Encourage continuous improvement of the Programme•Encourage the timely referral of clients and information•Encourage a reduction in the required number of referrals for Tier 3 / 4 interventions. The Approved List will commence on the 1st September 2014 and will run for three years, until 31st August 2017. There will be an option to extend for a further two years until 17th August 2019.Southend-on-Sea Borough Council welcomes submissions from all organisational types, including the Third Sector.If you wish to tender for the above requirement, please contact the Procurement Team, to request the Tender Documentation. AddressCorporate Procurement, 5th Floor, Civic Centre, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS2 6ER.E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org Phone01702 215000Closing date for document requests is 31st July 2014. Completed tenders should be returned by 12 noon 7th August 2014.
5. CPV Codes:
85323000 - Community health services.
85000000 - Health and social work services.
85100000 - Health services.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKH31 - Southend-on-Sea
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Southend-on-Sea,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority:
9. Awarded to:
Active Life for a Healthier You
34 Armitage Road, Southend-on-Sea, SS1 3RR, United Kingdom
Attn: Sarah Potts
Value Cost: 80,000
Is Awardee likely to subcontract?: No Awarded to SME?: Yes
10. Date of Contract Award: 01/09/2014
11. Number of Tenders Received: 4
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement, and the contract will be awarded on the basis of the most economically advantageous tender.
To view this notice, please click here:
Period of Work Start date: 01/09/2014
Period of Work End date: 31/08/2017
Award Criteria: Most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated in the tender documents