GB-Colchester: Digital Gaming Centre
Competitive Contract Notice
1. Title: GB-Colchester: Digital Gaming Centre
2. Awarding Authority:
Colchester Borough Council
Rowan House, 33 Sheepen Road, Colchester, CO3 3WG, United Kingdom
Tel. 07812994589, Email: email@example.com, URL: www.colchester.gov.uk
Attn: Matt Howe
3. Contract Type: Services
Sub Type: Computer and related services.
4. Description: Computer game software development services. The project is intended to kick-start and lead games development in Colchester. The potential is immense and can truly compete with the likes of Cambridge as well as retain the talent, money and skills locally. We want to do this by piloting the creation of a games development incubator unit based at the University of Essex. It would draw its potential games entrepreneurs from the University and be managed by the successful bid. An essential component of the pilot would be to install an anchor tenant into the incubator who will be responsible for mentoring the entrepreneurs on all aspects of the industry, from design, feasibility, marketing and crucially contacts – they will have many years’ experience of the gaming industry. This would be combined with a business development and support programme which would run the pilot in the new Essex Business School building.
5. CPV Codes:
72212911 - Computer game software development services.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKH3 - Essex
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Essex,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: CMLS-NM-0001
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category H: 100K to 500K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 31/07/2014 17:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
The Essex Procurement Hub
Braintree District Council, Causeway House, Braintree, CM7 9HB, United Kingdom
Tel. 07812994589, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Matt Howe
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement, and the contract will be awarded on the basis of the most economically advantageous tender.Interested companies must email Matthew.email@example.com, expressing their interest in this project, clearly stating the Contract title and reference number.
The deadline for submitting your expression of interest is 17:00hrs on Thursday 31st August and no further documents need to be submitted at this time. The tender documents will then be issued with a return date of 12:00 (noon) on Wednesday 13th August 2014.
It is the intention of Colchester Borough Council to award this contract with a 1st September start date.
To view this notice, please click here:
Period of Work Start date: 01/09/2014
Period of Work End date: 31/03/2015
Award Criteria: Most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated in the tender documents
Is this a Framework Agreement?: no