Southend-on-Sea Borough Council has published this notice through Delta eSourcing
|Title:||GB-Southend: Tender for the Provision of Care for Shelford and Spencer Houses|
|Notice type:||Competitive Contract Award Notice|
|Authority:||Southend-on-Sea Borough Council|
|Nature of contract:||Not applicable|
View Full Notice
1. Title: GB-Southend: Tender for the Provision of Care for Shelford and Spencer Houses
2. Awarding Authority:
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
Civic Centre, Southend-on-Sea, SS2 6ER, United Kingdom
Tel. +44 1702534028, Email: email@example.com
3. Contract Type: Services
4. Description: Social services. The aim of this Tender is to provision care for both Shelford and Spencer Houses as part of Southend Borough Council’s long-term plan to;
a) reduce Learning Disability residential care costs
b) to improve the quality of the accommodation available
This tender exercise encompasses the future provisioning of care across two separate care homes, therefore the contract will be let as 2 Lots. The Council reserve the right to award each lot to a separate organisation. However, if one organisation is able to evidence both the ability to provide the services required, across both lots, and also demonstrate that they are the best value; Council will consider awarding both lots to a single provider.
Lot 1; Shelford House
The Council is currently in the process of refurbishing Shelford House. Subsequent to this refurbishment, service users from Saxon Lodge, will be transitioned to the new facility at Shelford House.
The site will be made up of Community based placements, the details of which are as follows;
Community Placements –
• 13 Self-contained flats for Adults with Learning Disabilities. These service users will be tenants, who require Care Support to enable them to live independently.
• 4 individual houses, accommodating 4 service users each. Of these 12 available places, 7 will be filled by residents transferred from Saxon Lodge.
• 3 Almshouses accommodating residents of 50 years of age and who have Learning Disabilities.
The successful provider will be required to manage the Care Support across Shelford’s 4 individual houses for Adults with LD.
*Please note that Genesis Housing Association will be managing the accommodation based element of this service e.g. tenancy agreements and rent collection, maintenance and repair etc
5. CPV Codes:
85320000 - Social services.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKH31 - Southend-on-Sea
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Southend-on-Sea,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority:
9. Awarded to:
1 St. Andrew’s Court, Wellington Street, Thame, OX9 3WT, United Kingdom
Contact: Mr Philip Middlewood
Value Cost: 800,000
Is Awardee likely to subcontract?: No Awarded to SME?: No
10. Date of Contract Award: 02/12/2013
11. Number of Tenders Received: 2
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The Contract in relation to this project was not signed until; 09/05/2014
Originally, Lot 1 consisted of a house providing a 4 bed placement Respite Service. Only after contract award did it become clear that the Council was unable to afford the service. Therefore, the purpose of this one house was amended to match the Community Based placements (as per the other 3 houses).
Lot 2; Not Awarded.
(No Economically Viable Bids Received)
To view this notice, please click here: